Living the RV dream = getting your finances in order.
Personally, I hate a budget. It seems restrictive and it seems the budget controls you. Which is the point, right?
I hate the initial step of sitting down and creating a budget, because I don’t want to budget my money. I just want to do the things I want to do and to heck with budgeting.
But, that’s only going to get me nowhere, so I force myself to document my spending and my earnings.
You need to write down everything you spend in a month. You guys have all heard this before. I’m not telling you anything new.
- Make of list of everything you spend money on in a month.
- If you have payments either sell the item you’re making payments on or pay it off.
- Stop all the subscriptions that cost you money. For instance, Netflix and the gym.
- Downsize – sell all your extra stuff and use the money to pay off your bills.
- Work out a plan to pay off anything else you have a payment on.
- Learn to live by Lee’s #1 financial rule, Don’t Spend More Than You Make.
- Read my Post about How to Save Money.
Determine how much money you have each month. And, use this amount as a guide to how much you can spend. You can’t spend over that amount.
Don’t Spend More Than You Make.
As a result of not spending more than I make I get to do the things I love to do with the person I love to do them with. Don’t you want more free time, too?
Time isn’t the main thing, it’s the only thing.”Miles Davis