I’m leaving Social Media behind because I want to live an authentic life. And, because I read RowdyKittens and this post really hit me between the eyes. I agreed with everything this post stated but it was a couple lines at the bottom that encouraged me to quit. You’ll have to go read the post to find out what those words say.
My other reasons for canceling my FB, Twitter and Instagram accounts are:
- I’ve never felt comfortable with any of the social media platforms. They feel insincere and somehow sneaky.
- I don’t like how FB monitors users likes and dislikes.
- It is not the way I want to connect with others or spend my time when I’m alone.
- Using Social Media has not improved my life and in fact, FB makes me sad more than it makes me smile.
I mean who are all these friends and followers anyway?
Random connectedness just doesn’t seem right to me. It feels so fake.
I don’t want to be told what to do, how to live, what to eat or read. I don’t want to be marketed to by people who consider themselves “influencers.”
So, in the future you can find me:
- On my blog, LivingAnRVLife.com.
- With my Books, which you can find on my blog and on Amazon.
As a person who is constantly simplifying in an attempt to increase her happiness removing Social Media is a positive step in this process. I may return in the future but for now, I’m taking a break.
Hope to see you on the blog.